Year 7 & 8 St Johns futureFERNS Competition
This competition follows the rules of the game and players start to specialise in a certain area of the court eg. shooting, defence or mid-court.
- Game times: Tuesday 4.00pm | 5.00pm | 6.00pm| 7.00pm
- 15 minute time on court for warm up followed by a game
- 7 v 7 (recommend 10 players per team). GK, GD, WD, C, WA, GA, GS
- Substitutions during an interval or when play has stopped for injury/illness
- Minimum of half a game per game
- Provide opportunities for players to play a variety of positions
- Played on a full size netball court. Goalposts at 3.05m
- Play with a Size 5 ball
- Games will be 40 minute duration – 4 x 10 minute quarters
- Scores taken for competition points table
- Year 7&8 Coach Workshops – Full training is provided for coaches – please see Coach Development page for upcoming dates.
Boys in futureFERNS Netball
Netball New Zealand Junior Policy 2017
- All boys may play netball alongside girls up to the age of 12 (Year 8) without restriction.
- Boys on court at any one time should not be more than half the team.
- Note: Year 7 & 8 boys, a maximum of 3 boys are allowed on the court at any time, with only one in each area of play i.e. GS or GA | WA, C, or WD | GD or GK.
- We would like to introduce a Boys Only Grade if numbers permit.
Yr 7-8 Competition St Johns 2020
|FEBRUARY||11 February||Entries Close for Summer League – Junior (Year 3 – 8)|
|18 February||Summer League – St Johns Juniors (Tuesday) commences (6 weeks)|
|19 February||Summer League – St Johns Juniors (Tuesday) commences (6 weeks)|
|MARCH||4 March||Auckland Netball AGM 6.30pm - St Johns
One representative from each school or club to attend
|24 March||Pre-Season Meeting - St Johns Mother Earth futureFERNS Year 1 – 8 4:00pm all school/club netball co-ordinators to attend|
|27 March||Entries close for Junior Pre-Season Tournament (Year 3 – 8) – St Johns
|APRIL||5 April||Junior Pre-Season Tournament (Year 3 – 8) – St Johns|
|9 April||Mother Earth futureFERNS Year 1-8 Entries Close|
|28 April||Mother Earth futureFERNS Year 7 & 8 Coach Workshop – St Johns|
|29 April||Mother Earth futureFERNS Year 7 & 8 Coach Workshop – Windmill Park|
|29 April||Fees and Team List Registration Forms due by 5pm | Penalty of 4 points|
|MAY||5 May||Grading 1|
|12 May||Grading 2|
|19 May||Grading 3|
|26 May||Competition commences (10 weeks)|
|JULY||7, 12 & 21 July||NO PLAY | School holidays|
|AUGUST||14 August||Entries close for Intermediate Challenge (schools & clubs) Tournament – St Johns|
|18 August||Last games|
|25 August||Intermediate Challenge (school & clubs) Tournament|
|25 August||Prizegiving (Prizegiving will be on 3 September if Saver Day used)|
|SEPTEMBER||22 September||Post-Season Meeting – St Johns Mother Earth futureFERNS Year 1-8 4:00pm all school/club co-ordinators to attend|
|OCTOBER||2 October||Entries close for Summer League – Junior (Year 3 – 8)|
|20 October||Summer League – St Johns Juniors (Tuesdays) commences (8 weeks)|
|21 October||Summer League – Windmill Park Juniors (Wednesday) commences (8 weeks)|