Develop your coaching skills at Auckland Netball!
We encourage and support our coaches with many coach development opportunities at Auckland Netball. From futureFERNS Year 1-6, right through to representative level. We work with Netball NZ to provide courses and resources to enable coaches to develop, whether it’s to support your child’s team or your own personal interest in netball. See below for upcoming courses and useful links and resources.
Auckland Netball is excited to bring our coaching community four great sessions with exceptional netball minds.
NETBALL NEW ZEALAND COACHING MODULES
For Coaches of Secondary School and Club Teams
Community Coach Award Level 1 (CCA1) Modules
CCA1 is for the development coach working with athletes from 12–18 years. Modules provide fundamental knowledge and key skills to develop players at the community level, each delivered with practical elements.
Prerequisites: NNZ Community Coach online modules and Player Centred Coaching module
- Saturday 15th February, 9am – Player Centered Coaching, St Johns
- Saturday 15th February, 11.30am – Building Effective Relationships, St Johns
- Sunday 16th February, 12 noon – Attack, St Johns
- Sunday 16th February, 12 noon – Selecting, St Johns
- Thursday 27th February, 6.30pm, – Shooting, St Johns
- Thursday 5th March, 6.30pm – Team Culture, Mt Eden
- Monday 6th April, 6.30pm, – Player Centred Coaching, Mt Eden
Community Coach Award Level 2 (CCA2) Modules
CCA2 Modules cater for coaches who wish to gain more in-depth knowledge to support their coaching at the CCA1 level. Highly recommended for coaches of competitive Secondary School, Club and Representative teams.
Prerequisites: NNZ Community Coach online modules and Player Centred Coaching module.
- Thursday 12th March, 6.30pm – Centre Pass, St Johns
- Sunday 22nd March, 12 noon – Circle Work, St Johns
- Sunday 22nd March, 2.30pm – Development Physical Capacity, St Johns
For Coaches of Primary and Intermediate School Teams
Learn, refresh, and connect with others in these practical and informative sessions. NNZ’s Junior Workshops are targeted to the specific year group that coaches are working with, and we recommend coaches attend a workshop each time they move up to work with older teams because the game format, and workshop content, evolves as you go!
- Wednesday 28th April, 6.30pm – Year 7&8 Coach Workshop
- Sunday 3rd May, 9.00am – Year 1-4 Coach Workshop
- Sunday 3rd May, 11.30am – Year 5&6 Coach Workshop
- Sunday 3rd May, 11.30am – Year 5&6 Umpire Workshop